and Business Committee undertook an inquiry into Youth
Terms of reference
- How effective is the Welsh
Government’s approach to promoting youth entrepreneurship?
- What steps can be taken to
improve or strengthen support for potential young entrepreneurs in Wales?
Issues that the
Committee considered as part of these terms of reference included:
- What are the experiences of young
entrepreneurs in Wales?
- What is the scale of Welsh Government
resource and funding targeted at the promotion of youth entrepreneurship?
Is it sufficient?
- What progress has been made in
implementing the Welsh Government’s Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy and
- How does the Welsh Government’s approach
to promoting youth entrepreneurship incorporate issues such as equality,
social enterprise and regional variations in skills and training
- What opportunities are presented by
increasing youth entrepreneurship as a means of tackling youth
unemployment and inactivity?
- To what extent is entrepreneurship
embedded within secondary education, further education and higher
education institutions in Wales?
- What is the evidence base for the Welsh
Government’s approach to supporting and encouraging youth
- How does the Welsh Government monitor
and evaluate its youth entrepreneurship activities? What impact has it had
on the number of people starting a business?
- What examples of good practice in youth
entrepreneurship policy can be identified within Wales, more widely within
the UK and internationally?
for the Inquiry into Youth Entrepreneurship - June 2013