NDM7779 Welsh Conservatives Debate - Ambulance response times
NDM7779 Darren Millar (Clwyd West)
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes that just over half of red ambulance calls met the Welsh Government’s target of eight minutes in July 2021.
2. Further notes the immense pressure the Welsh Ambulance Service is under with increasing transfer-of-care times of up to 18 hours.
3. Recognises the hard work and dedication of Welsh Ambulance Service staff in such challenging circumstances.
4. Acknowledges the pressures in social and primary care and the knock-on effects on the ambulance service.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to:
a) declare an emergency in the Welsh Ambulance Service.
b) bring forward a comprehensive plan to improve ambulance response times, including action to:
i) ensure an adequate social care workforce;
ii) improve access to face-to-face primary care appointments; and
iii) increase hospital bed capacity.
c) set out a clear plan and timetable for raising the wage of care workers across Wales.
d) consider engaging the support of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces to assist with increasing ambulance response capacity.
e) redouble efforts for the rapid recruitment of paramedics.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 16/09/2021