Priorities for the Children, Young People and Education Committee
The Children, Young People and Education Committee has been set up by the Senedd to look at policy and legislation, and to hold the Welsh Government to account in specific areas. These areas include children and young people; education; and health, care services, and social care as they relate to children and young people.
Between now and the winter, we will give initial consideration to what our priorities ought to be for this Senedd.
Further details about our remit are available if you want to read more.
In order to help inform our strategic planning and forward work programme, we asked views on what you thought, our main priorities should be during the Sixth Senedd (2021-2026).
All responses are available on our consultation page.
A key priority for us is to ensure that children and young people’s voices are heard in our work. We ran activities with children and young people in the autumn term 2021 to help us understand their priorities for the Sixth Senedd. We understood that children and young people would have a range of views.
A summary of our findings from this engagement work is now available. We would like to thank all those children and young people who contributed.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 26/07/2021
- Citizen Engagement Report - Young People's Priorities for the Committee in the 6th Senedd PDF 2 MB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to the Welsh Government - 14 March 2022 PDF 2 MB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to Senedd Committee Chairs - 18 February 2022 PDF 90 KB
- Letter from Psychologists for Social Change - September 2021 PDF 80 KB
- Sixth Senedd Strategy (detailed) PDF 46 KB
- Sixth Senedd Strategy (simple) PDF 70 KB
- Sixth Senedd Priorities (completed)