Scrutiny of the Audit Wales Annual Report and Accounts 2020-21 and Estimate 2022-23
Audit Wales is the trademark of two legal entities under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013: the Auditor General for Wales and the Wales Audit Office.
Each has its own particular powers and duties:
- The Auditor General audits and reports on Welsh public bodies.
- The Wales Audit Office provides staff and other resources for the Auditor General’s work, and monitors and advises the Auditor General.
The Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales must jointly lay their estimate of income and expenses for the next financial year before the Senedd, as required by Section 20 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013. Under Standing Order 20.22, the Finance Committee must scrutinise their estimate, and lay a report before the Senedd which includes the estimate, with any modifications which it considers appropriate, following consultation with the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales.
The Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales laid their Estimate for 2022-23 (PDF, 441KB) before the Senedd in November 2021.
The Committee published its report, Annual Scrutiny of the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales (PDF, 1MB) on 22 November 2021.
Business type: Budget Scrutiny
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: For consideration
First published: 15/07/2021
- Letter from Lindsay Foyster, Chair, Wales Audit Office and Adrian Crompton, Auditor General for Wales regarding the Audit Wales Fee Scheme 2022-23 - 15 February 2022 PDF 144 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Finance Committee to Audit Wales regarding the Audit Wales Fee Scheme 2022-23 – 31 January 2022 PDF 85 KB
- Letter from Audit Wales - response to the Committee's recommendations - 18 January 2022 PDF 241 KB
- Letter from Lindsay Foyster, Chair, Wales Audit Office and Adrian Crompton, Auditor General for Wales regarding further information on the Annual Report and Accounts 2020-21 and Annual Plan 2021-22 – 1 November 2021 PDF 171 KB
- Supporting information for the Estimate of Income and Expenses for Audit Wales for the year ended 31 March 2023 - October 2021 PDF 355 KB
- Statement of Principles that the Finance Committee of the Senedd expects Directly Funded Bodies to have regard to when making budget proposals – May 2019
- Report - Annual scrutiny of the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales (PDF, 1MB)