NDM7530 Debate: The End of the Transition Period
NDM7530 Rebecca Evans (Gower)
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes the agreement in principle reached by the UK Government and the EU on our long-term future relationship at the end of the transition period.
2. Notes the UK Government’s intention to implement the agreement via a European Union (Future Relationship) Bill.
3. Regrets that it is not in a position to determine legislative consent, given that the Bill has been provided to the Senedd at very short notice and contains provisions capable of impacting on the devolution settlement.
4. Regrets that this damaging deal does not reflect the aspirations of the Senedd as reflected in ‘Securing Wales' Future’ and ‘The Future EU Relationship: Priorities for Wales’ but nevertheless, accepts that this deal is less damaging than leaving the transition period without a trade deal.
5. Supports the continued efforts to mitigate the short-term disruption and the long-term harm which will result from the change in our economic relationship with the EU and calls on the UK Government to work with the Welsh Government to that end.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Government Business;
First published: 06/09/2022