Animal health and disease prevention
The Senedd’s Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee (“the Committee”) undertook a one-off session on animal health and disease prevention.
On 21 January 2021 and 28 January 2021 the Committee held evidence sessions with stakeholders to help inform its consideration of this issue. The sessions explored key issues within this policy area, with a focus on the Welsh Government’s approach to disease prevention and control, and anti-microbial resistance.
On 15 February 2021, the Committee wrote (PDF 241KB) to the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs to raise a number of issues raised during the evidence sessions and the Minister responded (PDF 545KB) on 15 March 2021.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 21/01/2021
- Correspondence from the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs to the Chair - 15 March 2021 PDF 545 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs - 15 February 2021 PDF 241 KB
- Paper - National Office of Animal Health (NOAH) PDF 137 KB
- Paper - British Veterinary Association (BVA) Welsh Branch PDF 242 KB
- Paper - National Farmers' Union (NFU) Cymru PDF 175 KB