The Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee has agreed to undertake a short inquiry into compulsory purchase.
The inquiry is to focus on the use of compulsory purchase powers in two specific areas:
- regenerating town centres; and
- developing opportunities for active travel.
Terms of reference
- Are there any barriers to the use of compulsory purchase powers? If so, how can they be overcome?
- Are there any specific barriers to the use of compulsory purchase to:
- regenerate town centres; and/or
- develop opportunities for active travel?
- Do local authorities have enough resources and the right skills in place to use their compulsory purchase powers effectively?
- What are your views on the Welsh Government’s proposals for streamlining the Compulsory Purchase Order process, as set out in its consultation on infrastructure consenting?
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 16/08/2018
- Compulsory Purchase (completed)