The Welsh Government’s relationship with Pinewood
The Auditor General for Wales published a Report - The Welsh Government’s relationship with Pinewood – on 12 June 2018.
The Report sets out the facts associated with the Collaboration Agreement entered into by both parties in February 2014 to promote TV and film production in Wales. The report also sets out the facts leading to the termination of that agreement, together with details of the successor Management Services Agreement that commenced in November 2017.
The Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee considered the Report in summer 2018, during its inquiry into Film and major television production in Wales.
The Public Accounts Committee scrutinised the Welsh Government on the Report in November 2018 and published its report in February 2019. The Welsh Government’s response was considered in Committee on 29 April 2019 and a Plenary debate was held on 1 May 2019.
The Committee continued to monitor the progress of the recommendations contained in the Report and revisited the matter in January 2020 when further financial and performance information relating to Pinewood was available. The Committee concluded that it would be appropriate for the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee to monitor future policy decisions regarding the Pinewood Studios in Cardiff and creative industries in Wales.
Date, Agenda and Minutes
Lights, Camera, Action! – Watch the Committee’s video on our report’s findings:
Business type: Other
First published: 12/06/2018
- Letter from the Chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee - 6 April 2020 PDF 55 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Chair of the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee - 31 March 2020 PDF 266 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 5 March 2020 PDF 844 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Welsh Government - 21 January 2020 PDF 150 KB
- Letter from the Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport & Tourism - 23 December 2019 PDF 324 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 11 November 2019 PDF 200 KB
- Welsh Government response - April 2019 PDF 595 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 14 March 2019 PDF 249 KB
- Committee Report - 14 February 2019 PDF 572 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 22 November 2018 PDF 254 KB
- Correspondence from Bethan Sayed AM, Chair of Culture, Welsh Language & Communications Committee (28 September 2018) PDF 87 KB
- Auditor General for Wales Report - The Welsh Government's relationship with Pinewood (June 2018) PDF 1 MB