The Auditor General for Wales published a report into Rail Services in September 2016 which covered a range of issues:
- The Welsh Government’s powers over rail services and relationship with Network Rail;
- The overall level of investment in rail services over recent years (from different sources);
- The performance of the Wales and Borders rail franchise; and
- The development of plans for next franchise from 2018.
The Public Accounts Committee considered the Auditor General’s report and agreed not to undertake an inquiry due to the inquiry scheduled to be undertaken by the Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee.
Business type: Other
First published: 16/08/2016
- Letter from Transport for Wales - 8 February 2021 PDF 182 KB
- Letter from Transport for Wales and KeolisAmey Wales Cymru - 22 October 2020 PDF 254 KB
- Letter from the Welsh Government to the Chair - 14 November 2016 PDF 83 KB
- Letter from the Chair to Russell George AM - 11 November 2016 PDF 169 KB
- Welsh Government response to the Auditor General for Wales report on rail services - 30 September 2016 PDF 228 KB
- Committee Chair statement - 6 September 2016 PDF 64 KB View as HTML (6) 11 KB