Inquiry into the BBC Charter Review
An inquiry which looked at the implications of BBC Charter review for Wales, with a focus on:
- The future provision of the BBC’s services in Wales, in both the English and Welsh languages;
- The BBC’s current and future funding, governance and accountability arrangements as they relate to Wales;
- S4C’s future, including its funding, operating and governance arrangements, and the services it provides;
- How Wales’s interests are being represented during the renewal process.
The Communities, Equality and Local Government Committee issued a call for evidence, which closed on Friday 30 October 2015.
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism responded to the Committee’s Report during the Plenary debate on 16 March 2016.
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Type: For information
First published: 24/09/2015
- Schedule of oral evidence PDF 111 KB
- Report on the BBC Charter Review – March 2016 – Conclusions and recommendations PDF 392 KB
- Report on the BBC Charter Review - Welsh Government response April 2016 PDF 247 KB
- Inquiry into the BBC Charter Review (completed)