Inquiry into the NHS complaints process
The National Assembly for Wales’s Health and Social Care Committee considered the NHS complaints process in an oral evidence session on 16 July 2014. The aim of this work was to seek to inform the Minister’s future plans for the complaints process in NHS Wales, including how the recommendations of the report on the Review of Concerns (Complaints) Handling within NHS Wales should be taken forward.
The terms of reference for this inquiry were to consider the effectiveness of arrangements for handling complaints in NHS Wales, and what could be learnt from the recent reviews of complaints handling in Wales and England.
The Committee’s letter
The Committee wrote to the Minister for Health and Social Services (PDF, 278KB) in August 2014. The Minister for Health and Social Services responded (PDF, 152KB), and issued a written statement, in November 2014.
The Committee wrote to the Minister for Health and Social Services (PDF, 203KB) again in December 2015. The Minister for Health and Social Services responded (PDF, 75KB) in January 2015.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 13/06/2014
- Letter from the Health and Social Care Committee to the Minister for Health and Social Services following the session on 16 July (published 5 August 2014) PDF 278 KB
- Response from the Minister for Health and Social Services to the Committee’s letter of 5 August (published 14 November 2014) PDF 152 KB
- Letter from the Health and Social Care Committee to the Minister for Health and Social Services following ministerial response (14 November 2014) and written statement (24 November 2014) PDF 203 KB
- Response from the Minister for Health and Social Services to the Committee's letter of 2 December PDF 75 KB
- NHS C 01 - Rt Hon Ann Clwyd MP, Co-Chair, Review of the NHS Hospitals Complaints System (NHS England) PDF 40 KB
- NHS C 02 - Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 81 KB
- NHS C 03 - British Medical Association PDF 256 KB
- NHS C 04 - Royal College of Nursing Wales PDF 152 KB
- NHS C 05 - UNISON Cymru/Wales PDF 246 KB
- NHS C 06 - Additional information from the Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 13 MB
- NHS C 07 - Additional information from Public Health Wales [Received on 07-08-14 - after publication of letter to the Minister] PDF 197 KB