Public Health (Wales) Bill
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Thursday, 10 November 2016 to Friday, 16 December 2016
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- PHB 01 Brian Jones PDF 25 KB View as HTML (2) 13 KB
- PHB 02 Individual PDF 11 KB View as HTML (3) 3 KB
- PHB 03 Welsh NHS Conferedation PDF 132 KB View as HTML (4) 105 KB
- PHB 04 Public Health Wales PDF 363 KB View as HTML (5) 234 KB
- PHB 05 Chartered Institute of Environmental Health PDF 96 KB View as HTML (6) 70 KB
- PHB 06 Royal College of General Practitioners PDF 20 KB View as HTML (7) 9 KB
- PHB 07 Directors of Public Protection Wales PDF 62 KB View as HTML (8) 38 KB
- PHB 08 BMA Cymru Wales PDF 98 KB View as HTML (9) 45 KB
- PHB 09 North Wales Community Health Council PDF 32 KB View as HTML (10) 18 KB
- PHB 10 British Dental Association PDF 36 KB View as HTML (11) 32 KB
- PHB 11 General Pharmaceutical Council PDF 26 KB View as HTML (12) 12 KB
- PHB 12 Community Pharmacy Wales PDF 58 KB View as HTML (13) 36 KB
- PHB 13 Cytûn PDF 65 KB View as HTML (14) 18 KB
- PHB 14 Royal College of Nursing Wales PDF 34 KB View as HTML (15) 13 KB
- PHB 15 Healthcare Inspectorate Wales PDF 142 KB View as HTML (16) 26 KB
- PHB 16 Royal College of Physicians (Wales) PDF 884 KB
- PHB 17 Un Llais Cymru PDF 51 KB View as HTML (18) 13 KB
- PHB 18 Diabetes UK Cymru PDF 140 KB View as HTML (19) 43 KB
- PHB 19 Cancer Research UK PDF 741 KB
- PHB 20 Wales Heads of Environmental Health Group PDF 91 KB View as HTML (21) 48 KB
- PHB 21 Age Cymru PDF 50 KB View as HTML (22) 26 KB
- PHB 22 British Heart Foundation PDF 516 KB
- PHB 23 Company Chemists Association Ltd PDF 61 KB View as HTML (24) 27 KB
- PHB 24 Japan Tobacco International PDF 731 KB
- PHB 25 Liz Vann, Senior Chartered Environmental Health Officer PDF 118 KB View as HTML (26) 11 KB
- PHB 26 Macmillan Cancer Support PDF 213 KB View as HTML (27) 42 KB
- PHB 27 Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health PDF 156 KB View as HTML (28) 51 KB
- PHB 28 Pembrokeshire County Council PDF 73 KB View as HTML (29) 56 KB
- PHB 29 ASH Wales Cymru PDF 72 KB View as HTML (30) 37 KB
- PHB 30 Association of Convenience Stores PDF 582 KB View as HTML (31) 50 KB
- PHB 31 Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council PDF 164 KB View as HTML (32) 41 KB
- PHB 32 National Federation of Retail Newsagents PDF 567 KB
- PHB 33 Older People’s Commissioner for Wales PDF 1 MB
- PHB 34 Royal Pharmaceutical Society PDF 52 KB View as HTML (35) 27 KB
- PHB 35 Fontem Ventures PDF 152 KB View as HTML (36) 24 KB
- PHB 36 Children’s Commissioner for Wales PDF 598 KB
- PHB 37 Association of Directors of Public Health PDF 681 KB
- PHB 38 Crohn’s and Colitis UK PDF 642 KB
- PHB 39 British Lung Foundation PDF 136 KB View as HTML (40) 35 KB
- PHB 40 Chartered Society of Physiotherapy PDF 52 KB View as HTML (41) 30 KB
- PHB 41 Welsh Language Commissioner (Welsh only) PDF 626 KB
- PHB 41 Welsh Language Commissioner Annex (Welsh only) PDF 286 KB
- PHB 42 British Tattoo Artist Federation PDF 191 KB View as HTML (44) 2 KB
- PHB AI 01 Children's Commissioner for Wales PDF 334 KB
- PHB AI 02 Royal College of Physicians PDF 744 KB
- PHB AI 03 Crohn's and Colitis UK PDF 6 MB
Purpose of the consultation
Purpose of the consultation
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the general principles of the Public Health (Wales) Bill. Further details about the Bill and the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum can be found on the Bill page.
Terms of reference
- the and protect the health and well-being of the population of Wales, specifically to:
- hygiene rating scheme.
- of the powers in the Bill for Welsh Ministers to make subordinate legislation (as set out in Chapter 5 of Part 1 of the Explanatory Memorandum).
Invitation to contribute to the inquiry
The Committee welcomes evidence on the terms of reference and the extent to which the Bill reflects priorities for improving and protecting public health in Wales.
Submissions should arrive by 16 December 2016.
If you wish to submit evidence, please send an electronic copy of your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you responded to our predecessor Committee’s consultation on the previous Public Health (Wales) Bill (2015) and wish for this Committee to consider your earlier response (or an updated version of that response) as part of its scrutiny of this Bill, please let us know.
Submissions should be no longer than five sides of A4, with numbered paragraphs, and should focus on the terms of reference.
If you are responding on behalf of an organisation, please provide a brief description of the role of your organisation.
Please see the guidance for those providing evidence for committees.
The Committee welcomes contributions in English or Welsh and we ask organisations with Welsh Language policies/schemes to provide bilingual submissions, in line with their public information policies.
Disclosure of Information
You can find further details about how we will use your information at www.assembly.wales/InquiryPrivacy. Please ensure that you have considered these details carefully before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565