The Care and Support (Eligibility) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Thursday, 14 May 2015 to Friday, 29 May 2015
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- CSR 01 Age Cymru PDF 106 KB View as HTML (1) 32 KB
- CSR 02 Alzheimer's Society PDF 352 KB View as HTML (2) 27 KB
- CSR 03 Sense Cymru PDF 108 KB View as HTML (3) 13 KB
- CSR 04 Wales Alliance for Citizen Directed Support PDF 108 KB
- CSR 05 Wales Carers Alliance PDF 112 KB View as HTML (5) 24 KB
- CSR 06 Motor Neurone Disease Association PDF 111 KB View as HTML (6) 18 KB
- CSR 07 Age Alliance Wales PDF 126 KB View as HTML (7) 22 KB
- CSR 08 RNIB Cymru PDF 231 KB View as HTML (8) 23 KB
- CSR 09 Barnardo's Cymru PDF 143 KB View as HTML (9) 30 KB
- CSR 10 Welsh Local Government Association and Association of Directors of Social Services PDF 71 KB View as HTML (10) 37 KB
- CSR 11 Social Care and Wellbeing Alliance Wales PDF 52 KB View as HTML (11) 15 KB
- Additional information
- CSR AI 01 RNIB Cymru PDF 460 KB
- CSR AI 02 Association of Directors for Social Services Cymru PDF 101 KB View as HTML (14) 19 KB
- CSR AI 03 National Autistic Society Cymru PDF 49 KB View as HTML (15) 9 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Health and Social Care Committee undertook scrutiny of the Care and Support (Eligibility) (Wales) Regulations 2015 (PDF, 102KB), which will be made under the Social Services and Well-being Act 2014. The draft Regulations were published by the Welsh Government on 8 May, a 60 day scrutiny period followed before a resolution for their approval could be considered by the Assembly. During this period, the Committee sought the views of those with an interest on the draft Regulations. The draft Regulations were considered alongside the Code of Practice on the exercise of social services functions in relation to part 4 (Meeting needs) of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014. (PDF, 707)
The Committee sought views on:
- and future service users and carers.
Evidence from the public
The Committee held a public consultation to gather evidence on this topic. The consultation closed on 29 May 2015.
Following the oral evidence sessions on 11 June 2015 the Committee agreed to write to the Minister for Health and Social Services to highlight its concerns regarding the Code of Practice on the exercise of social services functions in relation to part 4 (Meeting needs).
The Committee’s letter
The Committee wrote to the Minister for Health and Social Services (PDF, 331 KB) on 7 July 2015. The Committee received a response (PDF, 37 KB) to its letter in July 2015.
The Plenary debate on the regulations took place on 14 July 2015. The regulations were approved by the Assembly.
In October 2015 the Minister for Health and Social Services provided on update (letter [PDF, 75KB], annex [PDF, 455KB]) on the changes made to the Codes of Practice on Parts 3 and 4 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
- Letter from the Health and Social Care Committee to the Minister for Health and Social Services PDF 331 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Health and Social Services to the Health and Social Care Committee PDF 75 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health and Social Care Committee - Fourth Assembly
Telephone: 0300 200 6565