P-05-1041 A clear policy and funding for hospitals and care homes for virtual visiting during times of lockdown
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-1041 A clear policy and funding for hospitals and care homes for virtual visiting during times of lockdown
- Coversheet, item 3 PDF 52 KB View as HTML (3/1) 8 KB
- Correspondence from Care Forum Wales, 24 August 2021, item 3 PDF 358 KB View as HTML (3/2) 8 KB
The Committee acknowledged the challenging experiences when
visits to Care Homes were restricted. As Wales is now on Alert Level Zero and
the visiting guidance has been updated, the Committee concluded that there was
little further they could do, and agreed to thank the petitioner for
highlighting their concern and close the petition.
In doing so members agreed to thank the Minister for her engagement and write to her asking that issues raised in the petition are taken into consideration in the future should the situation arise again.
2 P-05-1041 A clear policy and funding for hospitals and care homes for virtual visiting during times of lockdown
- Coversheet, item 2 PDF 52 KB View as HTML (2/1) 8 KB
- Research brief, item 2 PDF 108 KB
- 10.11.20 Correspondence - Minister for Health and Social Services to the Chair, item 2 PDF 131 KB
- 20.11.20 Correspondence - Petitioner to the Committee, item 2 PDF 347 KB View as HTML (2/4) 9 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to write to Care Forum Wales to seek their views on the issue raised by the petition and the sufficiency of the current guidance and support available to care homes.