NDM6595 Rhun ap Iorwerth (Ynys Môn)
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes that the recent UK Government budget announcement:
a) did not contain specific new announcements for Wales; and
b) included downward revisions for economic growth, productivity and business investment.
2. Believes that the anticipated changes to the Welsh block grant reflect a continuation of failed austerity measures instead of new resources.
3. Regrets that the UK Government budget announcement did not commit any support to the Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon.
4. Calls on the Welsh Government to take steps to lift the public sector pay cap.
5. Urges the Welsh Government to secure greater decision-making powers over infrastructure investment and the Welsh economy.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Assembly Business;
First published: 23/11/2017
Decision due: 29 Nov 2017 by Plenary