To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes that Wales is the only home nation without a specialist paediatric rheumatology centre.
2. Notes that there are an estimated 400 children in South Wales alone that are suffering with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
3. Recognises the need for a multidisciplinary paediatric rheumatology centre in Wales.
4. Notes that the Welsh Health Specialist Services Committee is undertaking a comprehensive review of paediatric specialised services in Wales.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to support calls from Arthritis Care, the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society and the British Society for Rheumatology for the creation of a fully dedicated multidisciplinary paediatric rheumatology centre in Wales.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Assembly Business;
First published: 06/07/2017
Decision due: 12 Jul 2017 by Plenary