NDM6310 Rhun ap Iorwerth (Ynys Môn)
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes that Gross Value-Added per head in the central valleys and Gwent valleys NUTS2 areas is consistently below the Welsh average.
2. Notes that unemployment in most south Wales valleys local authorities is above the Welsh average.
3. Notes that insecure work, low wages and poverty are significant problems in the south Wales valleys.
4. Notes a record of under-investment in the south Wales valleys by the Welsh and UK Governments.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to:
a) create a suitably empowered and accountable Valleys Development Agency;
b) bring forward a positive decision on the Circuit of Wales project, subject to normal due diligence; and
c) give greater priority to investment in jobs and infrastructure in the valleys.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Assembly Business;
First published: 11/05/2017
Decision due: 17 May 2017 by Plenary