Over the summer 2017 the Culture, Welsh Language and
Communications Committee held a public consultation on Priorities for the Fifth Assembly.
As a result, the Committee considered the consultation responses and formed a
poll for the public to decide on what topic would be prioritised next.
They did this by creating
a survey for people to enter. The topics that were agreed to be voted on were
- strengthening citizen participation and
access to political information;
- preserving local cultural heritage in
- review the teaching of history in Wales
to focus on Welsh culture and heritage;
- how to develop and promote the Wales
- the Welsh Government’s Expert Review of
Local Museum Provision in Wales;
- how to support and encourage the unique
and traditional art forms of Wales;
- access to and funding of the arts at a
grassroots and local level.
- a strategy for artists’ fees and terms
for the visual and applied arts in Wales;
- a strategy to develop the music industry
- funding for and access to music
- bilingual support for
deaf, hard of hearing and people with communication difficulties.
Poll in the news