The Communities, Equality and Local Government Committee undertook a short inquiry into public libraries in Wales. To assist with its inquiry, the Committee sought views on the following:
· Progress made by the Welsh Government towards achieving its Programme for Government
· commitments relating to libraries, and how sustainable any progress is in the current climate;
· Extent to which the current legislative and policy frameworks are suitable to meet the challenges facing local authorities delivering library services in Wales;
· How well-prepared the Welsh Government and local authorities are to mitigate the impact of public sector cuts on library services;
· Options for improving the financial sustainability of library services, including alternative models of provision;
· The contemporary and community role of public libraries in Wales.