The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee is undertaking an inquiry into Pregnancy, maternity and work in Wales.
Terms of reference
· How the Welsh Government is taking action on the findings of the Equality and Human Rights Commission review into pregnancy and maternity discrimination;
· How the Welsh Government is working towards its strategic equality objective of “identifying and reducing the causes of employment, skills and pay inequalities related to gender”, particularly in relation to pregnancy and maternity;
· The extent to which the Welsh Government’s Economic Action Plan and employability programmes address issues faced by mothers;
· Whether the new childcare offer is matched with targeted support for mothers to enter or return to work, and
· The extent of pregnancy and maternity discrimination in Welsh public sector (and variances between difference groups of women), and examples of good practice.
Providing Written Evidence
The National Assembly for Wales has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Assembly’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Assembly proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Assembly’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee
National Assembly for Wales
Telephone: 0300 200 6565