This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-923 Are you listening to us? Home Education Rights and Respect!
The Committee considered the petition alongside P-05-922 Withdraw the proposed home education guidance and agreed to:
· write to the Children’s Commissioner for Wales to seek her view on the issues raised and how, in her view, the appropriate balance can be struck between the competing interests on this matter;
· seek further written evidence from bodies which represent home schooling in Wales; and
· following this, invite the Minister for Education to provide evidence to a future Committee meeting.
2 P-05-923 Are you listening to us? Home Education Rights and Respect!
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to:
· group the petition with P-05-922 Withdraw the proposed home education guidance and to consider theme together in the future; and
· write back to the Minister for Education to ask for details of the response rate to the consultation, and for an indication of the proposed timescales for determining the next steps.
Janet Finch-Saunders declared an interest as a member of the Children, Young People and Education Committee which has looked at this issue also.